说实话,欧亚外语网站(欧亚外语工资)每个领导或老板都不会喜欢一个成天牢骚满腹的员工。这不，上个月刚借调来的一个外教被我们老板给遣送回去了，问及原因，老板就一句:"He's always beefing about how much work I give him. （他总是在抱怨我给他派了多少工作。）"而这位仁兄直到离开的那一天还在发牢骚:"What is him beef with me? I'm always working so hard! （他对我有什么不满意的? 我总是很努力地工作呀!）"
通过上面这两句话，聪明的你肯定明白了在工作中"不抱怨"到底有多重要了吧~得嘞，今天咱们就来说一个有意思的词儿，就是--beef，呵呵，大家都知道它是牛肉的意思，但它可不止是牛肉的意思哈！简单说 beef 还有一个名词+动词的常用含义，就是“发牢骚、抱怨、怨言、抗议、诉苦、吐苦水”，它有好几个固定用法的组合形式，我给大家罗列在下面了，所以啊，大家平日里甭管是在生活还是工作当中，还是 Don't beef, just do something. 别抱怨，干点实事吧。
【Scenario Listening 场景听力】
● OK, so what's the beef this time?
● They're always beefing about something.
● I really don't have a beef with Wayne.
● Instead of beefing about what Mrs Martin has not done, her critics might take a look at what she is trying to do.
have a beef with (someone or something)
【En】To have an outstanding or unsettled dispute or disagreement with someone or something. 与某人或某事发生未解决的争论或分歧。
beef about (someone or something)
【En】To complain or gripe about someone or something, 抱怨或埋怨某人或某事。To complain or protest，grumble a lot. 抱怨或抗议，经常发牢骚。 A source of disagreement; a feud. 分歧的根源；不和。
What's (one's) beef (with someone or something)? 有什么问题、意见吗？有什么不满意、不高兴的？
【En】Why is one upset (with someone or something)? What is one's problem (with someone or something)? 为什么一个人(对某人或某事)不高兴? 某人(对某人或某事)有什么问题?
What's the beef? / Where's the beef?
1-What is the problem? "Beef" is slang for conflict, complaint, grudge, feud, etc. 有什么问题吗? “Beef”是表示冲突、抱怨、怨恨、不和等的俚语。
2-Where is the most substantive or the important part (of something)? (某物)最实质性或最重要的部分在哪里?
【Scenario Example 场景示例】
● So, he borrowed your sweater and then he returned it. What's the beef?/Where's the beef?
● What is her beef with me? I'm always nice to her!
● My main beef about the job is that I have to work on Saturdays.
● Wow, what's Cheryl's beef today? She's been really snippy with me all day.
● They're always beefing about how much work I give them.
● I'll tell you what my beef with you is—I'm really annoyed that you would leave all these dishes for me to clean up, instead of just doing them yourself!
● What's your beef with this project? You've had some issue with it from day one.
● The program looks good on paper, but how do we know it will really work? Has any research been done? Where's the beef?
这个项目在纸上看起来不错，但我们怎么知道它真的能起作用呢? 有研究过吗? 依据呢？（实质内容是什么？）
● He was beefing about having to do the shopping.
● The writing is good, but where's the beef? You need evidence to back up your claims.
● The beef between the two rappers escalated with the latest diss track.
● Of course Marjorie is beefing about how I left dishes out in the kitchen—she's not happy unless everything is perfectly put away.